The Charity Governance Code recommends that board work as an effective team, using the appropriate balance of skills, experience, backgrounds and knowledge to make informed decisions. The board’s approach to diversity should support its effectiveness, leadership and decision making. Diversity is considered in its widest sense for boards to stay informed, responsive and able to navigate the fast paced and complex changes presented. Boards are encouraged by the code to recruit people who think and behave in different ways, who have different backgrounds and who bring a broad slate of experience, perspective and wisdom.
In this masterclass, participants will focus on how they can strengthen their communication, maximise their ways of working, connection and engagement using a range of tools, tactics, tips and approaches. Each participant receive a C-me report by virtue of attending the session.
Come and explore and consider approaches and tools to strengthen your board and increase connection, engagement and performance.
- How C-me can be used to build your board and strengthen board performance?
- How C-me can be used to clarify the relationship between governance and management?
- Implications for board engagement and problem solving?
- Implications for preference diversity in governance?
Overview of content:
- Explore the framework and language of colour and how it can apply to governance
- Consider your colour combination and behavioural preferences for the board
- Get a feel for building team working and awareness through C-me
- Think about alignment with board roles
- Springboard a new understanding of preference diversity
- Discover other ways to add value to engagement with board members and staff
Guest speakers: C-me profile accredited – Sonia Homes, Lizzie Westlake and Tesse Akpeki
Who should attend: Chairs, trustees, company secretaries, governance advisors and anyone who supports the board and its committees.
3.30pm - Registration and networking
4.00 pm - Seminar part 1
5.30 pm - Break
5.45 pm - Seminar part 2
6.55 pm - Wrap Up
7.00pm - Networking
7.30 pm - Close
Bates Wells Offices, 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE