By the end of the day, you will be able to:
- Recognize the value and importance of having a diverse board
- Identify best practice in the recruitment and induction of new trustees
- Assess the performance of your board against current best practice in the recruitment and induction of new trustees, creating an outline plan for priority areas to take action
- Question the challenges that onboarding new trustees may bring and appraise ways in which conflict or difference of opinion may be handled
- Identify sources of further information and support
Indicative outline content:
- The case for board diversity
- Approaches to Board reviews
- Role descriptions & information/ recruitment packs
- Channels for recruitment
- Interviews & checks
- Induction & on boarding
- Efficient, effective & inclusive Board meetings – including working with difference/ diverse points of view, handling difficult conversations
- Participant action planning/ next steps
This pilot is running in partnership with Cause4 and Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy.
Cause4 is responsible for recruiting a pool of up to 40 aspiring Trustees, with particular emphases on younger people, diversity and digital skills.
These potential new Trustees will attend Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy’s ‘Be a Trustee’ training event, also running at the BMI on Thursday 23 January 2020.
You will be able to network with the Be a Trustee participants of the training day event during shared lunch space – exact timings tbc.