- What does the relationship look like when it works well
- Practical realities and experiences from chairs and CEOs
- How to establish and develop a supportive culture
- How to deal with conflict
The session is led by Jenny Berry, director of leadership and governance, ACEVO and Ros Oakley, executive director, Association of Chairs. It will also feature guest chairs and CEOs to share their experiences. The session will provide you with:
- Frameworks for you to think about your relationship
- An understanding of common warning signs and what to do about them
- Insight into how other people manage the relationship and how they have overcome difficulties
- An opportunity to explore issues with your peers, chair to chair and CEO to CEO
- Time and space to decide ways forward with your chair or CEO
- Support materials to be included
Chairs and chief executives are both welcome; it is particularly recommend you come as a pair. It’s a good opportunity to take stock of and review how you are working together.
This practical workshop is open to all. ACEVO and AoC members receive a discount and priority booking (only one of you needs to be a member for you both to get a discount).