By the end of the day you will have:
- identified the core financial documents that a charity must publish
- an understanding of the way accounts are presented
- explored the key reporting areas of financial management and control
- been given tips for reading management accounts
- an understanding of the role and responsibilities of a treasurer and the role of all trustees in relation to the finances of the charity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- People who are new to governance and trusteeship
- Trustees who feel they would benefit from a better understanding of their charity's finances and accounts.
- Existing trustees and senior staff who need a refresher session.
"a great introduction – I feel much more confident now"
"timely as I've just joined the audit committee and now I know what is important"
"my responsibilities are much clearer"
"really helped demystify the terms"
WHO RUNS IT?
Howard Exton Smith has over 20 years experience as a consultant, facilitator and coach specialising in personal and organisational development, governance and performance improvement.
His sessions are practical, giving participants exercises to bring out certain issues rather than just tell them. His background in general management and as a former chair and trustee enables him to demystify the language, build your confidence and encourage you to form good, cooperative relationships with your finance people.