A bespoke, pragmatic and high energy session which will help to give the Chairs and CEOs/Artistic Directors of organisations the tools they need to work together in ensuring that their organisations can navigate the waters of artistic risk, financial information, legal responsibilities, strategic planning, finance, diversity, recruitment and succession planning. The session will also be responding to the unique governance challenges faced by organisations as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
This session provides a thorough grounding in the best practise of modern governance, led by our experienced trainers. By the end of the session you will:
- Be up-to-speed on current developments in governance;
- Have plenty of best-practice examples of effective governance from across the arts and culture sector;
- Have considered the relationship between the Chair and CEO/Artistic Director, reviewed whether it is working, and whether anything could be changed;
- Have received specific guidance and advice from governance experts;
- Have a practical toolkit to respond to the issues facing your board/organisation.
Who is it for?
This course is a priority for Chairs and CEOs/Artistic Directors of arts and cultural organisations who are interested, as a pair, in learning more about the principles of effective governance, and who are ready to interrogate their own practice in order to improve it. We are particularly keen to ensure that we are supporting Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisations.
Due to the nature of the session, please be aware that a maximum of 12 organisations will be selected to participate.
Governance Associates Prue Skene and Tom Wilcox will be running this session.
The fees are £40 - £100 per person depending on organisation size. Organisational members of the Cultural Governance Alliance receive a 10% discount. Successful organisations will be invoiced for this fee upon being accepted onto the course. The fee is non-refundable.
- Band A: Large Organisation (200+ staff): £100+VAT per person
- Band B: Mid-size Organisation (16-199 staff): £70+VAT per person
- Band C: Small-size Organisation (5-15 staff): £55+VAT per person
- Band D: Micro-size Organisation (1-5 staff): £40+VATper person
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The closing date for all applications is now 5pm, Wednesday 6 January 2021.