Streetwise Opera - Chair of Trustees Recruitment
Streetwise Opera, the award-winning performing arts charity and opera company for people affected by homelessness, is looking for a new Chair of Trustees to help lead the organisation as it embarks on its new long-term strategic plan.
Streetwise Opera is looking for someone who has:
- Experience and a successful track record as a leader in business, charity/homelessness/social impact sectors, fundraising or grant-giving, education, local or national government, arts, broadcasting or media organisations;
and who can demonstrate:
- An understanding of and commitment to the vision and values of Streetwise Opera and its contribution to the arts and homelessness movement;
- Inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate with third parties on an impromptu basis on any matter relevant to Streetwise Opera;
- An understanding of funding and grants environment in the UK;
- A willingness to work closely with the Executive and fundraising team to introduce new networks to support fundraising success, and contribute to the charity’s fundraising efforts, for example by attending supporter events, meetings with donors, etc.
- The ability to listen to all voices with differing experience and opinions and guide the Board to the best decision that can be accepted by all;
- An experience of engaging with high net worth donors and key UK funders;
and who will:
- Support and contribute to the charity’s long-term strategy and business plans.
The closing date for applications is Friday 20 November 2020. Interviews for candidates will take place in December.
A more detailed job description is available; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Streetwise Opera website for more information.