Governance Now 2018 was a sell-out gathering of attendees, speakers and facilitators who came together to be part of positive culture change by becoming more aware, connected and empowered to address the challenge of achieving good governance.
Read more about the event in Arts Industry's preview article, in write-ups from Arts & Business Northern Ireland and Theatre Bristol, and about the official launch of the Cultural Governance Alliance in Arts Industry and Arts Professional.
Download the conference brochure here.
Download the full programme for the day here.
Governance Now 2018 Speakers and Contributors:
- Sian Alexander, Chief Executive, Lyric Hammersmith and trustee of Julie's Bicycle
- Zoe Amar, Founding Director, Zoe Amar Digital
- Keith Arrowsmith, Partner, Counterculture Partnership LLP
- Andrew Barnett, Director, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation (UK Branch)
- Sue Bowers, Deputy Director Operations, Heritage Lottery Fund
- Suzanne Bull MBE, Chief Executive Officer, Attitude is Everything
- David Bryan, Chair, Voluntary Arts
- Hilary Carty, Director, Clore Leadership Programme and
- Ruth Cook and Mandy Hetherton, Action Learning Associates
- Michael Day, Chair of Battersea Arts Centre, ex CEO Historic Royal Palaces
- Dan Francis, NCVO Senior Governance Consultant
- Tehmina Goskar, Consultant Curator
- David Hall, Chief Executive, Foyle Foundation
- Simeilia Hodge-Dallaway, Founder of Artistic Directors of the Future
- Sophie Kilburn and Michael Wornell, Young Advisory Board Alumni and Roundhouse trustees 2017-18
- Reyahn King, Chief Executive, York Museums Trust
- Mel Larsen, Mel Larsen & Associates
- Ruth Lesirge, Chair, Association of Chairs;
- Sandy Nairne, Chair, Clore Leadership Programme
- Steve Plummer, Head of Strategic Consulting, After Digital
- Eve Salomon, Chair, Horniman Museum
- Richard Sandford, Professor of Heritage Evidence, Foresight and
- Policy, UCL Institute for Sustainable Heritage
Jeanie Scott, Cultural Consultant
- Prue Skene, Governance Associate, Clore Leadership Programme
- Robin Simpson, CEO, Voluntary Arts
- Aarti Thakor, Director of Legal Services, Charity Commission
- Sir John Tusa, Author, Making a Noise: Getting it Right, Getting it Wrong in Life, the Arts and Broadcasting
- Michelle Wright, CEO, Cause 4
Produced by Clore Leadership.